A film by Solveig Anspach
The psychiatry department of young doctor Cora has just admitted a young lady who refuses to speak and whose identity remains unknown.
Cora becomes fond of her patient and establishes a relationship which goes beyond the usual course of treatment. She feels a kind of ? call ? from this woman as a strange and strong tie grows between them.
One day, Cora learns that the identity of her patient has been discovered. Her name is Loa, she is a stranger, she has been sent back home? to Iceland.
Cora, who had no idea of this woman?s life outside their relationship, is deeply moved ; she decides to meet up with her in order to finish the treatment?
- Elodie Bouchez (Cora)
- Didda Jonsdottir (Loa)
- Christophe Sermet (Romain)
- Baltasar Kormakur (Einar)
- Jean-Pierre Dardenne (Les Films du Fleuve)
- Patrick Sobelman (Ex Nihilo)
- Luc Dardenne (Les Films du Fleuve)
- Baltazar Kormakur (Blueeyes Productions)
- Solveig Anspach
- Roger Bohbot
- Pierre Erwann Guillaume
- Benoit Dervaux
- Running time
- 90 min
- Color 35mm
awards & nominations
- Cannes 2003 - Official Selection - Un Certain Regard
screenings in festivals & markets